Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pemberley Pillowcase

Well here is my first attempt at some Jane Austen inspired needlework. At first I had resolved not to cheat and do everything by a free hand. Then I figured out how hard it was to embroidery cursive letters without some kind of guidance. However, despite my little short cut I do believe it was very well done and I'm very happy with how it turned out as well.

As you see here I used a 'Mark-B-Gone' marker (local craft stores and walmart carry them) that washed out with a little bit of water.

Using my outline to stitch along the letters.

And the finished pillowcase. Over all it didn't take me but two hours to make it. (it would have taken less but I was trying to read Emma at the same I got a bit distracted at times)

No comments:

Post a Comment